Year 12 Geography
Geography Skills and Tools
• Mapping Skills Calculating Distance
Ecosystems at Risk
• How Abiotic and Biotic Factors Make an Ecosystem
• Biosphere Reserves in a Nutshell
• Why is Biodiversity So Important?
• Living Landscapes - An Australian Ecosystem Series
• ABC on Great Barrier Reef Bleaching
• Wetlands: Keeping Our Planet Alive and Well
• TED: Let The Environment Guide Our Development
• Valuation of Ecosystem Services: Classes of Values
• Physical Processes: The 4 Spheres
• What is the Greenhouse Effect?
• Practical Subsistence Farming
People and Economic Activity
Urban Places - World Cities
• Economies and Diseconomies of Scale
• What is an Economic Indicator?
• Diversification of Business Strategies
• Income & Wealth Inequality: Crash Course Economics
• TED: How economic inequality harms society
• Why some countries are poor and others are rich
• TED: Agriculture: Farming for the Whole Planet
• What is a Multinational Corporation?
• Newly Industrialised Nations
• A Case Study of a Newly Industrialised Country: India
• Africa's Largest Rubber Plantation
• What Are Free trade Agreements?
• Minorities and Marginalisation
Urban Places - Mega-Cities
• TED: How Megacities Are Changing the Map of the World
• TED Playlist: Understanding World Economies
• TED: Praise of Microfinance in Africa
• TED: Rise of the New Global Super-rich
• TED: How can we make crops survive without water
Urban Places - Urban Dynamics
• The Pros and Cons of Gentrification
• TED: What we don't understand about gentrification
• Ecological Footprint: Do we fit on our planet?
Geography-Specific Examination Key Words
HSC Geography Examination Tips
• Preparing Case Studies, Starting the Exam